SERVE AND EQUIP EXPANDING INFLUENCE™
A model of empowering yourself and others
A UNIQUE BRANDED TRAINING SOLUTION
In life, many things can happen to threaten your dreams. A major setback or a series of minor discouragements that pile up into something big enough to cause you to doubt who you are or what you have to offer.
As long as I can remember, I have always been a facilitator, eager to pass onto others what I’ve learned myself. But I discovered that my life-calling was more like a marathon than a 100 meter sprint. I had to grow and mature in Christ, I had to gain knowledge through study and, most of all, I had to learn to overcome major set backs that threatened to block the path to fulfilling my purpose.
In 1985, my wife, Amanda and I experienced a major challenge in our lives. Our second daughter, Laura, was born. A beautiful and potentially healthy baby. But, due to medical negligence, she was left severely brain-damaged, requiring 24-hour care, until her death at 16 years of age.
There was much for me to overcome, both personally and in relation to my life purpose. But I persevered. In time, I rediscovered my motivational gift to be a trainer and equipper. This had been eclipsed by the pressures of my challenging circumstances.
Over the years I developed not only a whole range of training courses but also framework, a model of empowering others to be effective in Christian life and ministry. This is my unique branded training solution now offered to others who want to grow in Christ and impact others around them.
This is what I call my SERVE AND EQUIP EXPANDING INFLUENCE™ model.
Are you passionate about training and releasing others into their calling? I believe you are. My solution framework will help you overcome your challenges and help you master a whole range of different Bible-related topics. You will learn how these relate to the experience of God in your life and you will become skilled in the art of imparting all this to others. But it doesn’t stop there. You will also learn how to equip others to go and do the same. That way, you will multiply your effectiveness and expand your influence for Christ. You will become a trainer of trainers.
Probably you have already begun this journey. But, as with any journey, it is good to have a companion, an experienced fellow traveller, to help show you the way.
I can be your fellow traveller and guide, through my SERVE AND EQUIP EXPANDING INFLUENCE™ programme.
I am making available to you a wide-range of online training materials. I will help you identify and create opportunities. I will equip you to be a teacher of the Word of God and an equipper of others.
My goal is to equip you to equip others to go and do the same.
WHY PARTNER WITH ME?
I have been training people to be effective in Christian life and ministry for almost 50 years. I have been an equipper of others in 44 different nations in Africa, India, South East Asia, North and South America, Europe and the Caribbean.
Far from being merely a teacher of theory, I am a practitioner with vast experience in leading a major central London Church (Kensington Temple London City Church) with over 100 different nationalities.
Over the years I have been instrumental in planting around 150 churches at home and abroad.
I have written over 40 books with major titles translated into 10 different languages. The Sword of the Spirit is a flagship Series of 12 Training Manuals to help prepare Christian leaders with the attitudes, knowledge and skills needed for effective Christian ministry. This series has been adopted as the church training programme in scores of churches around the world.
In 1989, founded the International Bible Institute of London. Over the years we released over 10,000 disciple-making leaders into the worldwide harvest of God’s kingdom. I have pioneered affiliated Bible Training Schools in 6 different nations.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
A non-denominational online training platform which will
- Train and equip you to be a trainer of trainers through my unique Serve and Equip Expanding Influence™ model
- Resource you with course material
- SOTS 12 Biblical Themes
- Effective Prayer
- Knowing the Spirit
- The Rule of God
- Living Faith
- Glory in the Church
- Ministry in the Spirit
- Knowing the Father
- Reaching the Lost
- Listening to God
- Knowing the Son
- Salvation by Grace
- Worship in Spirit and Truth
- Other practical courses coming online
- Christian Counselling
- Preaching and Teaching
- Key Doctrines Survey
- Compassionate Communication
- Soul Talk
- Prophetic Ministry
- Developing a Training Course
- SOTS 12 Biblical Themes
- Release you into your training ministry
- Partner with you as you develop and grow
SERVE AND EQUIP EXPANDING INFLUENCE™ MODEL
My purpose is to EQUIP you… to EQUIP others… to go and do the SAME.
Training and releasing YOU through my Unique Branded Solution Framework.
SERVE AND EQUIP EXPANDING INFLUENCE™ MODEL EXPLAINED
DETERMINE your direction
As long as I remember, I have always been a facilitator, an enabler of others. But, one day, a crisis hit my family that threatened to throw me completely off course. I needed a reset.
The moment came when the direction of my life became so clear that my real purpose became my true passion.
Perhaps you also need to establish, or re-establish your direction. What you want to accomplish? What is your conviction-based lifetime vision?
Your journey of discovery begins HERE!
Red Dot: You are here!
Every journey begins where you are now and leads to where you want to be. There are 4 questions to answer about your direction in life and ministry:
1. Where are you now?
- What do you already know?
- What resources do you already have and how can you be more effective in utilizing them?
- How much training and positive influencing are you doing now?
- Who are those in your circle of influence you can begin to train and equip?
2. Where do you want to be?
- A fully-equipped, fully-resourced, skillful trainer and equipper of others.
- By when? You must have a goal which has a timeline, is achievable and inspirational – it must challenge you and stretch you, at least, in a reasonable way.
3. How do you get there?
- List the steps you need to take
- Making connections
- Building resources
- Undertaking more training
- Mastering the train and equip model put forward in this presentation
4. Who will help you on your journey?
- Fellow soldiers who love you and will have your back
- A Guide to accompany you and help lead you on this journey
DEVELOP your attitude, knowledge and skills
Attitude – know your ‘Why?’
In his book, Start with ‘Why?’, Simon Senek, the inspirational speaker and management consultant, states: “People do not buy what you do, but why you do it.”
He uses the example of Apple Inc, the American technology company. The vision of Apple is to “put a computer into the hands of every person to resource every person with access to this technology”.
This is Apple’s ‘Why?’, and that’s what draws loyal customers. Their “cool designs” are actually, secondary to their primary appeal.
Your ‘Why?’ will shine through everything you do – that’s what attracts people to you and to what you do.
Your ‘Why?’ will become part of who you are. Then you will act with congruence (doing comes from being) and integrity (what they see is what they get). The internal is matched to the external in a way that’s good for you and obvious to others.
Example of a train-and-equip ‘Why?’
“I want to make a relational impact on those around me, by training and equipping them to be great disciples and ministers of Christ. I want to train and equip them to train and equip others, so that my circle of influence expands and relational Christianity grows and Christ is glorified.”
Knowledge – know what you need to know
It is said you do not succeed by what you know, or by what you do not know, but what you know you do not know.
So Begin with your existing areas of competence – what have you studied and mastered so far?
Then, refresh these topics and areas and continue to build on your strengths. You might find some Colin Dye Training Courses as helpful refresher courses.
Make sure you also add to your knowledge by doing new courses, especially those that not only teach you to learn, but also help you learn to teach.
Follow your interests, the topics you have a passion about and enjoy exploring.
But always pursue the topics which are relevant to people’s needs. Your goal is to serve people.
Skills – develop ‘know how’
All study should have a practical application. Slowly build your skills over time. Skills you will probably find helpful include:
- People skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Communication skills – empathic listening, compassionate communication, soul-talk
- Teaching and training skills
- Presentation skills
- Protect management skills
- Team building.
DISCIPLE mentor and train others
Where to begin?
Relational connection before relational impact
Dr. Larry Crabb in Connecting the importance of relational Christianity:
“When conflicts drag on, calls for unity can sometimes be used as a band aid – a way to avoid what’s unpleasant. But followers of Jesus have a higher goal than to demand surface agreement. It’s only as we’re attentive to the Spirit’s work in us and in others, drawing us to become like Jesus in our interactions, that meaningful relationships can foster spiritual transformation.
Connecting begins when we enter the battle for someone’s soul. It continues as we prayerfully envision what Christ would look like in that person’s life. It climaxes when the life of Christ within us is released, when something wonderful and alive and good pours out of us to touch the heart of another
Make sure your life be so rooted in Jesus that his grace can be expressed through you across generations and divisions, building relational connections for his glory.
Develop and maintain discipleship/mentoring relationships
Connect with others communicating with them heart to heart, or core to core. Focus on serving and encouraging people. Help others overcome their difficulties and realize their potential.
Use my Train and Equip Expanding Influence TM Model as a framework of empowering others to be equippers of others.
Gather training resources
Use the resources on my online training platform. But also, discover other material to add to your knowledge and to recommend to others.
Begin by building a short list of training courses from my platform. Then, master these courses, one by one. Pay special attention to the ‘training-to-train’ elements in these courses.
Begin to train others
Start with some short courses, one-to-one or in small groups. Increase your circle of influence through the friends and family of those you are training. Maintain a relationship with your mentor.
Remember, always work within accountability structures, for example, your local church.
DEFINE your vision and values
Build your conviction-based lifetime vision in line with your vision and values:
- Lifetime vision – what you want to have accomplished for God for the rest of your life
- Medium term vision – what you want to accomplish over the next 3,5 or 10 years
- Short-term vision – what you want to achieve over the next 1 – 2 years
- What you hold in highest importance
- Make these the guide and controlling influence over what you do and how you do it
Shaping your convictions
- Ground yourself in sound biblical principles
- Align yourself with the purpose of God
- Make sure your convictions are shaped and sustained by the love of God
- Make sure you eat yourself what you also serve to others. Every truth, every skill and every competency must be learned in the context of personal appropriation and practical application to your own life.
- All service for God and others must be rooted in your own experience of God.
- The authentic Christian journey is a journey of transformation – being transformed from the inside out – into the character of Christ.
- Above all, be shaped by Grace as you “learn the unforced rhythms of Grace” – Eugene Peterson, Message Bible translation of:
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ESV
Shaping your future
- Let your future be shaped by the Love of the Father and not the love of position, love of praise others or the love of success.
- Do what he calls you to do – only those things he shows you to do.
- Plan diligently, work effectively and stay the course.
- Leave the results to God.
- Endeavour to get to know God and to make him known in the world – this is true relational impact.
DEPLOY the Timothy principle
2 Timothy 2:2
and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. ESV
Focus on equipping others to train and equip others. Remember the apple tree analogy. The fruit of apple trees is apple trees, not just apples.
Reach out beyond yourself
Begin to enlarge your borders. Remember your scope is the “ends of the earth.” First, be faithful in your immediate sphere of influence, and then, expand your influence, when it is time to do so.
To get access to this personalised mentorship course select either Monthly or Yearly Premium subscription when registering.